Thursday, September 13, 2007

Solvang




Last Saturday, Melissa, Gregg, Dave and I met up at Solvang, CA for a quick day trip. It is a Dutch town about 3 hrs away from us. We got there about 10 am and ate at a cute little bakery. Dave and Melissa enjoy the same flavors of food and both got Marzipan. I can't stand the stuff, so I got a cinnimon roll. We walked around the shops, and just enjoyed being there in the perfect weather. At lunch we ate outside at Heidelberg Inn. Dave and Melissa again purchased their delicatable Sauerkraut and Brats, while I partook of the very German American Hamburger. We then did a little more shopping, picked up baby Martins first Christmas ornament, and cheese tasted. Unfortunately we had to call it a day and get back home. We love spending time with Gregg and Melissa and are so grateful for their friendship. We are lucky to have them so close by and be able to take these little trips with them. We are going to make it a tradition to visit Solvang this time of year, every year.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yay a new post! I am vacationing vicariously through you and your fun trips. Dad was telling us about this place and we totally want to go when we come to visit but it is a bit out of the way.

You are looking great and I can't wait for your next visit in November. Post of pic of Matthew's new ornament.

betsey said...

Thanks for commenting on Team Hawkins blog :) AND you HAVE to know that the haircut you gave me is ADORABLE! The reason that woman approached me is because I didn't do anything with my hair, it was wet from my shower that morning. I LOVE the haircut :) No need for a career change my friend :) You are a GREAT hair sylist :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool trees! Okay, time for another post. Geez, I know you have time! :)