Saturday, March 7, 2009

Do you own one of these beauties? If not, GO GET ONE! I have been using our lame bissell vacuum that gets clogged with carpet fuzz. Now, I love nothing more than a freshly vacuumed house, but because I had this lame sucker, it rarely ever got done. Yuck. So yesterday, I was poking around on craigslist. And there upon I saw this beauty. And, for only $179! The cutest mom and pop store was selling it. I mean, this store is literally from a different time. A place that you can try many different vacuums. For all of you who know vacuums, he had Tri Star (retails $6000, sale for $699), Kirby (retails $2500, sale $299), and rainbow. Now, the vacuums are all used. A lot of them come from the kirby salesmen. So this guy takes the vacuum a part, cleans it, replaces all the parts and filters, and then re sells them for a heck of a lot less than a department store. And the best part??? I get a 1 yr labor warranty on my vacuum and 25% off all parts. I couldn't be more excited. As soon as I got home, I vacuumed my entire house, and fell in love! I know this post sounds lame. Falling in love with a vacuum. Ha! But its true! Test drive one today, You'll LOVE it!

3 comments:

Karyl said...

It's funny how little things excite us when we get older. :) I am on my second Dyson and love them (first one got a hole in a hose..design flaw..and we returned it to Costco for a new one). I had a lame old Hoover and was amazed at the difference when I got my Dyson. Welcome to the old ladies club! :)

One mom said...

It looks like a great buy! I wish we had a store like that where we live - I would definitely look into getting one. You need to look up JCPenny's advertisement "Beware of the Doghouse" on Youtube.

You will not be disappointed. We are happy you were able to get a great deal. It is okay to fall in love with your vacuum!

Emma said...

I have one, I love it! I would use anything else!